The list of the top ten things to see in Paris, according to the city’s Official Visitors Bureau, is fantastic…. but it’s a bit obvious. The Louvre, the Opera Garnier etc etc. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Sure, it’s an iconic list of things to see. But for your second trip to Paris (or maybe your third), here are some real pearls that you should look for instead.
Here comes The Earful Tower’s alternative list (and some pictures)… but the 35-minute audio episode with tour guide Amber Minogue is reserved for Patreon members here. More info on that after the list 🙂
1. Instead of the Eiffel Tower, go for the Montparnasse Tower.
2. Done with the Louvre Museum? Try the Delacroix museum.
3. Instead of the Musee D’Orsay, try the Musee de Chasse et Nature.
4. After the Opera Garnier, try the Palais Royal.
5. Instead of Sainte-Chapelle church, try the Saint Sulpice church.
6. If you’ve seen the Arc de Triomphe, then try the city’s old gateway arches
7. Instead of the bottom floor of the Notre Dame Cathedral, head upstairs.
8. Once you’re done with the Grand Palais, head to the Petit Palais.
9. When you’re finished with the Sacre Coeur, head to the Basilica of Saint Denis.
10. You’ve seen the Pere Lachaise cemetery, now head to the Montparnasse cemetery.
So, you’ve got to the bottom of the list. It’s a bit light on details, I’ll admit that. But the episode isn’t! The episode explains loads of tips and tricks to explore pretty much all the 20 places mentioned above. There’s even some music from our old pal Serge Gainsbourg.
To listen: Become a member on Patreon here for $1 a month. Or spend more if you want a whole lot more! Full info on the link above!
That’s it! If you like these tips, be sure to check out The Earful Tower’s Guide to Paris.
The Earful Tower’s Guide to Paris
It’s here! After six seasons of making The Earful Tower podcast and 100+ expert guests, I’ve finally put together the ultimate guide to Paris.
3 thoughts on “The top ten things to see in Paris (for your second trip)”
Hi , Rather than the Delacroix or Musee d Chasse et Nature, I recommend the Marmottan and the Jacquemart André museums. Also I would skip Montparnasse cemetery and include a visit to the covered passages .
Nice suggestions 🙂