The list of the top ten things to see in Paris, according to the city’s Official Visitors Bureau, is fantastic…. but it’s a bit obvious. The Louvre, the Opera Garnier etc etc. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Sure, it’s an iconic list of things to see. But for your second trip to Paris (or maybe your third, or fourth, or fifth), here are some real pearls that you should look for instead.
Here comes The Earful Tower’s alternative list with the help of tour guide Amber Minogue from Becoming Maman.
This episode was originally released for Patreon supporters, so this is the kind of thing that’s going on behind the scenes. As this week is behind-the-scenes of Patreon, you’re getting it as a one-off for free 🙂
Below are the place names in case you want to visit too!
1. Instead of the Eiffel Tower, go for the Montparnasse Tower (for the views, of course).
2. Done with the Louvre Museum? Try the Delacroix museum.
3. Instead of the Musee D’Orsay, try the Musee de Chasse et Nature.
4. After the Opera Garnier, try the Palais Royal.
5. Instead of Sainte-Chapelle church, try the Saint Sulpice church.
6. If you’ve seen the Arc de Triomphe, then try the city’s old gateway arches
7. Instead of the bottom floor of the Notre Dame Cathedral, head upstairs.
8. Once you’re done with the Grand Palais, head to the Petit Palais.
9. When you’re finished with the Sacre Coeur, head to the Basilica of Saint Denis.
10. You’ve seen the Pere Lachaise cemetery, now head to the Montparnasse cemetery.
There you have it! That’s the list. Become a member on Patreon to hear more cool bonus podcast episodes.
Otherwise, here’s the episode again in case you didn’t click it above 😉