Looking for something to do in Paris?
Here’s the 2022 edition of the Earful Tower’s bucket list. Let’s start with a quick look. Here’s the easy-to-read, easy-to-skim version (available as PDF further down).
Now, a few notes before we really get into it. These aren’t 50 new things in Paris. Rather, they’re 50 activities that me and my Parisian friends want to tick off our lists. Things we’ve always wanted to do… as well as a few new things (like the recently reopened Musée Carnavalet, pictured above).
The whole idea is to give yourself a reason to get out and do something in the city you love. I explained the rules, the idea, and my personal additions to the list in this week’s episode of the podcast. I’m joined by Shelly, an art consultant in Paris, who is the reigning champ of the Earful Tower bucket lists.
As I explained in the show, my own personal five items are first on the list below (1-5) followed by Shelly’s five things (6-10), followed by Lina’s (11-15)… then the rest are a mix of my friends’ offerings.
I’ve added links to official websites, and sometimes to my own work from previous visits.
Here we go!
The full list (with links): 50 things to do in Paris
- Get inside Saint Geneviève library
- Visit the Musée des Arts Forains (fairground museum)
- Have a cocktail at Shangri-La hotel
- Play chess with a stranger in Luxembourg gardens
- Dine at le Train Bleu restaurant
- Visit Halle Saint-Pierre art center
- Check out a book from the American Library
- Finally go to the Picasso Museum
- Have drinks at Bar Hemingway at the Ritz
- Try cheese from the MOF fromageries in Paris (link, in French)
- Have a solo breakfast at a terrace (with a book)
- Visit the Vanves Flea Market
- Hire sail boat in pond at Luxembourg gardens
- Baked potato at Kaspia restaurant
- Play tennis at Luxembourg gardens
- Visit Maison Gainsbourg – opening spring 2022
- Have a drink at the bar of the Lutetia Hotel
- Go to the Munch exhibit at the Musée d’Orsay
- Visit Château Vaux-le-Vicomte (my visit here)
- Go to the Maille shop and taste mustard on tap
- Find Josephine Baker at the Pantheon
- Buy a knife from E. Dehillerin
- Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe
- Rent a fancy boat on Seine
- Take a croissant baking class
- Take the tourist train around Montmartre (with champagne)
- Party in the basement of Rex
- Cycle to Giverny (Monet’s gardens)
- Visit a fashion show Paris Fashion Week
- Play basketball at the American church
- Visit the Gendarmerie training facility
- Sneak into the Catacombs (my own visit here)
- Afternoon tea at Le Meurice (my own visit here)
- Visit the l’Orangerie museum
- Go to the Dali Museum
- Experience Parc Astérix
- Drinks at the Girafe restaurant
- Ballet at Opera Bastille
- Visite Musée de l’armée
- Drink a mint tea at the Grande Mosquée
- Dance all night at a warehouse techno party
- Spend 1 night in a fancy hotel (like fancy fancy)
- Have lunch/dinner at a 1-star Michelin restaurant
- Skateboard at République with all the cool kids
- Visit the newly reopened Musée Carnavalet
- Witness the Moulin Rouge
- Go dancing at Le Caveau de la Huchette jazz club
- Visit Soho House Paris
- Dine at the Cheval Blanc rooftop at la Samaritaine
- Go fishing in the Seine
That’s it! How many have you already done? Now, why not add your bucket list in the comments below?
If you’re looking for further things to do in Paris, explore my website or buy my 2022 Paris PDF guide below.